Ginger Apple Pomegranate Sparkler Mocktail
For the ginger shrub
- 1 5-inch ginger root
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, to taste
For the mocktail
- 2 ounces shrub
- 4 ounce pomegranate juice
- 3 to 4 ounces Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple-Pomegranate
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Peel the ginger root with a sharp knife or vegetable peeler. Grate or finely chop.
- Add water and sugar to a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat until sugar has
dissolved, stirring frequently. Bring to a simmer and add grated ginger. Reduce heat
to low. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, until shrub is fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Strain the ginger root out of the shrub.
Discard the ginger. Stir in apple cider vinegar. Store in an airtight glass jar for
up to 6 months. (The vinegar helps to preserve the flavor and will evolve over
- To make a mocktail, add shrub and pomegranate juice to a cocktail shaker filled with
ice. Shake vigorously. Pour into 4 champagne flutes. Top with Martinelli’s Sparkling
Apple-Pomegranate. Sprinkle in 6 to 10 pomegranate seeds for garnish.
Note: Want to make this a cocktail? Add 1 ounce of vodka to the cocktail shaker.
Feast + West